Friday, May 28, 2010

Progress.

-Buy plane tickets
-Buy plane tickets from Bangkok to Chiang Mai through Air Asia
- Find a family member willing to pay our storage rent every month
-Get shots (Typhoid, make sure we have had Hep A,B,C shots, Malaria pills)
-Buy backpacks
-Buy walking/hiking shoes
-Get passports (in process)
-Get essentials: travel clothing, travel items (clothesline, drain stopper, toilet paper, travel towels (2), earplugs, laptop, bug spray, sunscreen)
-Get enough money pledged/donated to last the full six months in SE Asia (estimated to be a minimum of about $1,000/month if no major travel in that month... currently need $4,000 more for the minimum.
-Save enough money for a plane ticket back home, as the plane tickets we bought are one way. (estimated: $1,000-$2,000).

-Find a temporary home for our puggles.



Wesley, Rollie, and Rush in Gatlinburg, TN.


The last need is so heart-wrenching for me. They're our babies. We celebrate their birthdays for crying out loud, haha. They are inside dogs who don't mind being outside, but don't want to sleep outside. I realize this may have to be adjusted if they live with a family that can only have outside dogs. They MUST be cared for together, as separating them might cause even more stress on them. As it is, I am afraid they might have problems adjusting because we take such good care of them. They are our little cuddle bunnies, as we affectionately call them. They love to play outside, but once inside, they will immediately cuddle up next to you and go to sleep. I have a recent picture of Rollie cuddling with me. I was laying on the bed, and he literally came up and plopped down, settling right into the crook of my neck, and went to sleep. They are some of the most loving dogs I've ever owned. I hate to have to leave them. I think that will be one of the hardest things for me.

Would you like two puggles for 6 months to 1 year? ;) Whoever accepts the "boys" (as we also call them) will be given a medium monetary amount to take care of them while we're gone. They need lots of love and caring. They are excellent watch dogs, whether the object of menace is a cat, a garbage man, or someone actually threatening.

God is continuing to answer all of our prayers. I know He will provide a good home for our babies. I start to worry about it, but then I remember that God sees the bigger picture, and I KNOW He will provide for all of our needs.

Philipians 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. aw i hope you find a home for your puppies soon!! i know its hard to find a loving home for pets...bryan and i were really stressed when we had to find a home for our kitties this fall.


    & Definitely buy the PF--its expensive ($10!) but way worth it--and you tan nicely, so you could probably actually use it as bronzer too. and i'm definitely going to try that eyeliner trick =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find a home for your puppies too. =( But you're right...God would not bring you this far if He didn't have a plan for all your needs.

    ReplyDelete